What’s so great about small Motorhomes ? They are more fuel efficient, easy to drive and they can pack all the amenities of a home in a tiny floor plan…but best of all it rolls down the road on 4 wheels.
Below are our favorite Super Small Motorhomes and a few reasons why we think they’ll work for you. We suggest you visit a dealership and test drive them.
Now that we have all that out of the way, here are our top recommendations.
The Incognito: Airstream Interstate Twin Dual Wardrobe
- Contemporary – the most contemporary class B inside and out.
- Twin Beds – This model has 2 twin beds in the back which allows a separate bed for company (of course this means you’ll be sleeping on a twin bed so you have to be ok with that). There is another model with a fold flat sofa in the back if twins aren’t your cup of tea.
- Understated Exterior – No big stickers or swirls, this RV looks like any other van on the road.
- Wardrobe – What we like best about this model is the 4 wardrobe spaces to hold your clothes/shoes/etc. Many class B motorhomes only have 1 wardrobe space, and with the amount of travel you’re talking about we think the more storage the better.
- Wet-Bath – This means your toilet is inside the shower. Some people love this style of shower, and others hate it. Make sure you understand how it works before your purchase
- Size – Class B’s are small. You need to ask yourself: can I live in such a tiny space?
- Storage – Minimal exterior and interior storage, difficult for long trips.
Breathing Room: Winnebago View 24M
- Slide – There is a giant slide on the driver’s side that gives you ample living space when parked.
- No Bed – Our favourite Motorhome floor plan! There is no bed in the back so you get a huge bathroom and shower area. The main bed is located in the loft area above the driver’s seats.
- Pull out sofa – there is a pull out sofa so you can sleep 1-2 visitors.
- Kitchen – larger sink, stove and refrigerator than a class B RV.
- Storage – 5 times more storage (inside and out)
than a class B.
- Bigger Tanks – Freshwater/Black/Grey tanks are much larger for living off the cord.
- Size – This is a compact class C but it’s taller and wider than a standard van.
- Exterior – Looks like a Motorhome.
- Interior – not exactly contemporary, but it’s a clean style.
- Fuel Economy – I would expect this RV to get 2 MPG less than a class B RV.
The Transformer: Leisure Travel Vans U24MB
- Cool TV – 26” Hidden LCD Screen drops into cabinet!
- Murphy Bed – How cool is that, the bed pops out of the wall when you need it!
- Storage – Large Closet Space with plenty of storage inside and out.
- Huge Bathroom – Might be the largest bathroom of any Class B.
- Contemporary Styling – Curved cabinets and streamlined designs inside.
- Slideout – Slide offers additional living space when parked.
- Size – This is a B+ so the length and height is slightly larger than a class B, but smaller than a class C.
- Exterior – Looks like an RV, but the paint is pretty simple.
- Bed – Murphy bed doesn’t allow for additional sleeping
The Custom: Sportsmobile Sprinter Extended
- Custom – Every piece of the interior is customizable. You want 2 beds, you want a big kitchen, you need wardrobe space
- Contemporary – they have cabinets for the traditional or the contemporary
- Sofa Beds – In the back the sofa converts to 1 queen bed, or 2 twin beds!
- 4 Wheel Drive – If you plan to be off-roading (or in snow a lot) 4wd might be an option.
- Pop-Up Roof – Pop up roofs offer additional room and sleeping/storage while parked
- Time – if you’re in a rush I’m not sure how long a build-out takes
- Same as Airstream – Wet Bath, small size, minimal storage
- Loans – A custom van conversion like this is not RVIA, which means you cannot get an extended loan like a standard RV
*Other Brands – There are plenty of other brands doing custom small RVs including GTRV, Outside Vans, Advanced RV just to name a few, so do some online research before diving into one specific brand.
2 thoughts on “The Best Small Motorhome’s – Living Large in a Small Space”
I wanted to thank you for this very good read!! I absolutely loved every bit of it. I’ve got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…
Apologies for the late reply, thank you for stumbling across us! We also have a Twitter and Facebook page, maybe help us by checking these out also.